Accredited Beneficiary Stewardship Program - Pilot
More Ways to Learn
Stewardship in Action Program
Estate Planning, Trusts, and Tax Program
Financial Planning, Administration, and Investing Program
Tamarind Learning Benefits
The benefits of successfully engaging in the Tamarind Learning TM curriculum include:
Increased competence and confidence
Increased competence and confidence in the foundational areas of beneficiary stewardship – the roles and responsibilities of beneficiaries and trustees, estate planning, trust basics, trust administration, tax, and trust investments.
Empowerment to understand
Empowerment to understand for yourself and your family by increasing your knowledge of your own trust and estate plan.
Improved quality and productivity
Improved quality and productivity in your working relationships with advisors, trustees, and your family members.
Increased credibility among members of your family, for those who complete the ABS designation, you have earned the only professional designation for beneficiary education.
What We Do
Tamarind Learning provides cutting-edge online wealth education for adult beneficiaries and their advisors.
- Integrated, comprehensive, and holistic wealth education
- The option to learn through focused learning programs or to complete the ABS Designation, the first professional designation for beneficiaries
- Fresh innovative learning content transforms wealth education from mundane to “edutain”
- Online learning that is convenient, flexible, secure, and relevant to today’s reality
- A long-term value with continued benefit for those who invest in their family capital
Did you know that approximately 86% of wealth transferred from one generation is passed in trust? Families with significant wealth, business, or financial holdings are at a crossroads with providing proper education to prepare these beneficiaries.
With an estimated $8.8 trillion of wealth transferring from retiring Boomers to Gen Xers, Millennials and Gen Z in North America, * the need for rigorous financial, fiduciary, investment, and estate planning education that promotes responsible stewardship is in high demand.
* Between 2019 and 2030 366,400 very high net worth ($5M-$30M) and ultra-high net worth ($30M+) individuals will pass on wealth according to Wealth Transfer Report 2019
Families who acquire great wealth over one or more generations may have
roadmaps for their estate plan, their wealth, investments, and their
businesses; however, many families struggle with the perplexing question of
how do I help my adult children garner the knowledge, practical insights,
and applied opportunities to learn about wealth in a safe, secure, private
and highly customized environment? Where is the next generation’s learning
program for tailored wealth education?
Tamarind Learning provides different options to answer this call. Providing a virtual education roadmap, Tamarind Learning’s various programs directly support beneficiaries, their trustees, family offices, wealth advisors and other trusted parties who are helping beneficiaries succeed. This wealth education roadmap is:
- An integrated, progressive, and cohesive wealth education approach
- Contains all the fundamentals required to prepare beneficiaries with the foundations of estate planning, trusts, tax, investing, trust administration, financial planning, fiduciary oversight, trustee and beneficiary relationships, and working with their advisors.
Stewards are not simply born, they are cultivated with great care, nurture,
and support. To date, families and advisors have either built organically or
cobbled together learning resources to prepare their offspring for their
ownership and investment responsibilities but no standard or benchmark for
wealth education existed.
Tamarind Learning devised multiple approaches to learn virtually to answer this call as a step forward to delivering the financial building blocks from the simple to the technical aspects of beneficial ownership. Creating a high learning standard with this comprehensive online approach to stewardship education provides:
The option to learn through tailored learning programs or to
acquire a professional designation for beneficiaries
- Until now, similar professional designations have only been for fiduciary professionals and advisers
- With the successful completion of the ABS professional designation, beneficiaries now have a continuous learning program for ongoing education to support them in stewarding their family’s long-term wealth
A novel platform transforms wealth education from mundane to
- Industry experts with a track record of educating affluent beneficiaries bring fresh new ideas to the forefront
- Newest online education techniques coupled with current, interesting content tailored to adult learners
- Inspiring cases, anonymized examples, mixed with actual case law
Digital Natives vs. Digital Immigrants
Online education has quickly been adopted in the wake of the world’s most severe global pandemic in a millennium. More than a billion students have been impacted globally (approximately 60+% of learners). Further, eLearning adoption, especially at the university and college level, has grown significantly as large schools have become a hot zone for COVID-19 spread and more and more learners registering in brick and mortar college and university programs declines. Even before COVID-19, The Best Colleges “2019 Online Education Trends Report” indicates that convenience and flexibility is the biggest reason for taking courses online. Since 2000, the growth of eLearning sector is 900%, with more than $72.41 Billion being invested into this sector from 2020-2024.
Another driver for virtual learning is the shift to working remotely. Nearly half (42%) of U.S. workers now work from home with only 26% working onsite. Today’s learner needs the flexibility, ease, and convenience of accessing information, education and learning from a screen when they are on the go. For today’s learner, Tamarind Learning is:
convenient, flexible, secure, and relevant to today’s
- Adapts to all types of devices – mobile, pad, computer – making learning convenient anytime, anywhere
- Self-paced format allows learners to progress at their own speed and between sessions, can pick up where they left off
- Content applicable to learner’s own lives and situations
- Provides anonymity and confidentiality through the secure online portal
A long-term value with continued benefits
- Tamarind Learning provides a significant value over other educational programs that require in-person, classroom or family meeting time
Creates a long-term positive impact on beneficiary’s ability to
steward wealth and life-long learning
2ND GEN Family Member
“My family hired Kirby and Tamarind Partners for a year-long, comprehensive education project. In the past, weekend family office meetings hadn't worked to create lasting engagement for my sisters and me. Kirby and her team assessed our needs and created a bespoke, web-based plan to help us with everything from investing 101 to financial planning, working with advisors to goal setting. Not only did Kirby provide us with the basic resources and knowledge we needed to feel more confident as next gen members, she also provided invaluable and personal mentorship.”
2ND GEN Family Member
“Kirby takes a holistic approach to family wealth education. Rather than sitting around a conference table once a quarter with generic presentations, our relationship consisted of dynamic education and mentorship that responded to where each of us was career-wise, education-wise, and personally. Our experience with Kirby was results-driven, rewarding, and empowering. Next generation family offices aren't just a talking point for Tamarind - they are innovating all the time to create workable, engaging plans for families.”
3RD GEN Family Business Member and Investor
"Kirby is filled with wisdom. In my experience with her, she is passionate and committed to positive growth for the individuals and families she is engaged with. Kirby exudes a positiveness and a belief in your greater good. She has been enlightening and a motivational force to continual learning. Kirby is a gem and I’m fortunate to have come across.”